Apply Online for a Credit Card from FNB and get Years of Financial expertise
8th Nov 2016
FNB, formed in Grahamstown as The Eastern Province Bank in 1838, is the oldest bank in South Africa. Now you can apply online for a credit card from them.
Apply Online for a Credit Card, but How does a Credit Card Work?
- A credit card allows an account holder to purchase goods or services on credit.
- The account holder agrees to pay the money back to the bank each month, with interest.
- FNB decide on a credit limit based on your income. The credit is the maximum amount you can spend on your card,
- You receive a statement showing details of all the transactions you made with your credit card at the end of each month
- Printed on the statement is the date on which the bank expects to receive a payment from you.
FNB has several credit cards available to their customers, based on their annual income:
- Gold Credit Card – Your income needs to be between R120,000 and R349,000 per annum.
- Premier Credit Card – You should earn between R350,000 and R749,999 per annum.
- Private Clients Credit Card – Income required will be between R750,000 and R1,499,999 per annum.
- Private Wealth Credit Card – You need to earn R1 million or more per annum.
- Petrol Card – This is linked to your credit card and your income needs to be R80,000 or more per annum.
Each credit card has its rewards and benefits.
As the most sought after card, the Gold card has the following characteristics:
- The interest rates and credit limits are based on your personal information.
- You get up to 1.5% back in e-bucks on any purchase using your credit card.
- There is a monthly fee of R30.
- A monthly credit facility service charge of R13.
- A once-off initiation fee of R165.
- Free linkage to e-bucks.
How to apply online for a credit card From FNB
- No need to stand in a queue at a bank, you can apply online.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Think of your budget first, and make sure you can afford the monthly repayments.
- Fill in the application form online, be honest. Submit the application.
- FNB has a credit card calculator online where you can work out your monthly instalments on all expensive purchases.
- Wait a couple of days to see if your application is successful.
When you apply online for a credit card you also need:
- Three months recent bank statements
- South African ID book or card
- Proof of residence
- Copy of your most recent payslip
The bank will check your credit history and your credit worthiness.
The benefits of using an FNB Credit Card
- You get free Comprehensive Global Travel Insurance
- Earn e-bucks on every purchase you make using your credit card
- Some shops have a contactless point-of-sale terminal where you just ”wave and pay” for purchases under R200
- Free AA Roadside Assistance on your linked Petrol card
- Unlimited swipes when using your credit card
- You get specific protection when shopping online with FNB Online Secure
- Up to 55 days interest-free credit on your Gold Card
- 1.5% earned as e-bucks on all your credit card purchases
- 15% back when you fill your tank with fuel or use domestic Uber rides
- 15% back when you shop at Checkers and Shoprite stores
- 40% off on all FNB Connect contracts and pre-paid purchases
Always keep track of your spending. Make sure you pay the minimum amount or more, before the due date. This way you can enjoy the freedom that comes from using an FNB Credit Card.
All info was correct at time of publishing