Looking for a credit card? You’ve come to the right place.
12th Jan 2017
Getting a credit card is the best way on which to build a solid personal credit rating. So where can I get a credit card in South Africa? ABSA would be a great place to start. They are leaders in the market and have a solid reputation.
ABSA credit scores rate you on how you manage your debt. Good credit history translates into high credit scores. A high credit score brings rewards which mean you save money in the long term.
To get a credit card in South Africa Absa Bank look at the following factors –
Your credit worthiness. The likelihood that you will default on repayments.
Credit history. Do you pay your accounts on time?
Small debt base. How deep in debt are you?
Debit Orders. Having debit orders shows you are adept at money management.
The various Absa Credits Cards
- Platinum Credit Card. – An elite credit card package designed to meet individual financial and lifestyle needs. You must earn more than R25 000 a month.
- Gold Credit Card. Salary must be between R4 000 and R25 000 a month.
- Transact Credit Card. This is a first-time credit card. You must earn between R2 000 and R4 000 a month.
- Affinity Credit Card. This offers all the advantages of a credit card with the bonus of being linked to the following brands:
- British Airways Credit Card. Earn big rewards when booking flights or making purchases
- Avios Credit Card. Earn bonus points when using card or booking flights
- Virgin Money Credit Card. This offers unique features and benefits and has no monthly or annual fees
- Student Credit Card. Designed for registered full-time students who have a monthly income/allowance of at least R800
Absa Credit Cards can be used worldwide, to shop online and to earn rewards
Absa also offers a top-up facility for overdrafts, credit cards or revolving credit. (*Terms and conditions apply) ABSA Credit Protection Plan safeguards card holders and their families in the case of death or disability. Digital solutions such as the MasterPass App™ simplifies payments for goods or services and Absa’s Walletdoc app allows customers to pay bills online using either credit or debit cards.
All info was correct at time of publishing